Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Yard Work

Today after I got Heidi put down for a nap, I went out to cut the grass. It has to be cut every week... and it is something that I dread doing every week! Our yard is SO Big! Front and Back! Heidi usually naps at the hottest part of the day too. After I got the grass cut, I decided I would work on my edging. The front edges of the yard have been driving me Crazy! Since Brian has been gone, it has not been edged. We have an edger. I went into the shed to get it out a couple of weeks ago. I thought I would give it a try, but it kind of scared me and I thought I might cut my leg off with it while using it, so didn't get any edging done. It is so big, and it has this string looking thing at the bottom, that I guess twirls around to cut. It just scares me. Anyway, it has really been bothering me, so I took some heavy duty scissors and I started cutting into the roots where the grass was growing up onto the curb in front of our house. I actually think it looks pretty good, now that I am finished. It was hard work, but it is done (at least for a while). Then, I had a huge mess to sweep up in front of our house. After Heidi woke up, I brought her outside and I worked on weeding the strawberries. I guess this might be kind of a boring blog for the day, but this was my main accomplishment of the day... working on the yard.

Oh, I got an email about all of the troops that are currently in Iraq being extended from 12 months to 15 months today. The Air Cav Brigade is not sure yet whether that affects them or not yet, but I am assuming that it does. I am not getting my hopes up. Brian was extended to 15 months the last time he was there too. That will make three Christmases in a row that this company has not gotten to spend with their families.

Heidi and I ended our day with a walk around the neighborhood and came back inside to share a naval orange. Then, I had to fight with her to get her teeth brushed... rocked her... put her list usual things into her crib (which since nap time today, she has added a little rubber duckie to)... and then finally got her put into bed. Now, I am relaxing for a few minutes. I need to do some work around the house tonight.

No comments: