Sunday, October 11, 2009

Heidi: "I shouldn't have not..."

Last night, I went to Fred Meyer with Heidi and Hannah to buy a few things to make chili with today. Heidi was in the basket part of the cart and Hannah was in her car seat (on the seat part of the cart). I guess Heidi was bored because when I went to put something in the cart, I noticed that there were a few places in the hambuger plastic where you could see that someone had been pushing his/her finger into the hamburger... and in the center of the package of hamburger, there was a hole where a finger had pushed its way all of the way to the bottom of the package. I got upset with Heidi and told her that we had to wash her hands when we got home. When I told her to make sure not to put her fingers in her mouth because she could get sick from touching the raw hamburger meat, she was really concerned and she held her finger out in a way to make sure that it wouldn't touch anything for the rest of the time in the store. She even asked me "Should I hold my finger this way (bent) or this way (straight)?" When we got out to the car, she said "Mom, I shouldn't have not touched the hamburger."