Monday, October 26, 2009

Bribing with hugs and kisses

This morning after Heidi had breakfast, she was trying to get me to give her some candy that Brian bought a few months ago. Heidi calls it "O" candy because it's shaped like the letter "O."

Heidi: Mom, I'm still hungry.
Mom: You just had breakfast.
Heidi: My leg hurts Mom. Can I please have a piece of candy to feel it better?
Mom: No.
Heidi: Please Mom? How about if I give you a kiss. Then will you give me an "O" candy to feel my leg better?
Mom: No.
Heidi: How about if I hug your neck and give you a kiss. Then will you give me an "O" candy to feel it better?
Mom: No Heidi. Candy is not good for your body and you just had breakfast.

... I finally offered her some orange juice instead of candy and she seemed fine with that.

2 comments:

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

good work, mom...but I would rather have the candy too....my bad...

Southern Belle said...

that is very funny and sweet:)