Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mommy Forgot Show-And-Tell

Every Tuesday, Heidi has show-and-tell at school. She always looks forward to Tuesdays because that is her day for show-and-tell & Thursdays because that is her day for skittles math. This past Tuesday, I forgot to remind her to pick something out to bring to school before we left. She usually remembers, though, too.... but this time I forgot (and so did she). After I picked her up from school that day and we got into the car, she told me what a few of the kids in her class had brought to show and talk about. I didn't even think anything about it when she was telling me what her friends had brought because they have it on different days and I was just thinking that it wasn't her day for it. Then, she told me "... and when Miss Cindy said 'Heidi,' I just said I don't have anything today." She didn't sound upset about it or anything when she told me about it, but she mentioned it to me again later that day. When Brian got home that night, she was already in bed and not asleep yet, so Brian went in to say goodnight... and the first thing that Heidi told him was "Mommy forgot show-and-tell today." I felt a little bad, but at least she does have it every week. I talked to her teacher about it today when I picked her up from school and Miss Cindy said that she didn't get upset or anything and I guess she didn't want to get up and talk about anything else. I'm sure she isn't going to be too scarred by my forgetting just this one time. :)

Today at preschool, the kids got to dress up like princesses and princes (or kings and queens). Heidi wore her Snow White costume. I think it was a fun day for her. They are learning about castles and England... and kings and queens. When she came home from school and took off her costume, Hannah wanted to try it on. She held it up to her body like she wanted to wear it, too. She loves putting princess crowns and hats on her head and dressing up with necklaces ... and sometimes even likes to put on Heidi's clothes. I guess pretty soon, she might be able to start wearing the dress-up costumes. I think having girls is so fun. I hope that we can have one more!

No comments: