Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm sorry... Her head just popped off!

After playing with her barbies for a while before church this morning, Heidi walked into Hannah's room (where I was looking at books with Hannah) and our conversation went something like this:

Heidi: Do you remember that barbie that your grandma gave you that you gave to me to play with?

Mom: Yes.

Heidi: (sounding a little worried about how I would react) I was playing with her and I was just trying to make her hair prettier and her head just popped off. It just popped off. I'm really sorry Mom. It just popped off. You can have one of my barbies to play with if you want. I'm really sorry. (She sounded so sad.)

Mom: It's okay Heidi. I don't want to take one of your barbies. It's really okay. Don't worry about it.

Heidi: I'm really sorry that her head popped off. It just popped off. (...and she kept telling me that I could have one of her barbies.)

The little swivel thing inside of the barbie's neck broke off and was inside of her head (that had popped off). Brian got it out of her head and put her back together, but her neck is cracked, so it will probably come off again sometime soon. Poor Heidi. She was sorry worried that I would be upset and she kept offering to give me one of her barbies. This was a collector barbie that my grandma gave to me years ago that I never played with. I just decided that I would let her play with it instead of just letting it sit in a box. I'm glad she has been able to play with it and I was not upset that she popped the head off. It is just a doll.

No comments: